- About us
- Contact us
- Travel Services
- Customer Service
The corona virus has affected all our lives and is raising many questions.
To keep you informed as much as possible, please find below the most frequently asked questions, and corresponding answers, regarding the Corona pandemic:
(1) What are the decisions & measures taken by the Holiday Home Division for cancellations during the corona pandemic based on?
The Holiday Home Division bases its decisions and measures on the official instructions, the travel warnings of the official bodies and the national or regional regulations.
(2) Can I cancel my booking free of charge due to the Corona pandemic?
We have summarised all the measures taken by the Holiday Home Division and the decisions regarding cost-free cancellations on the website www.hhd.group/en/coronavirus.
All the information provided is checked and updated regularly.
Please also note the possibility of rebooking (see point 12).
(3) How will the customers of the Holiday Home Division be informed of automatic cancellations during the Corona pandemic, due to government orders?
They will receive a notification in writing from the Holiday Home Division regarding the cancellation of the booked trip due to official regulations. In the case of short-term arrival dates, our customers will also be informed personally by phone or email.
(4) Is a cancellation free of charge also possible if everyday life at the holiday destination is restricted but there is no travel warning?
If there are unavoidable, exceptional circumstances at the holiday location or in its immediate vicinity that significantly affect the performance of the trip (in the case of the Holiday Home Division providing the accommodation service) or in the transportation of people to their destination, the Holiday Home Division will allow a cancellation free of charge. This is not the case if it is just individual local infrastructure (e.g. mountain railways), properties or facilities that have limited use. In this case, please also check our website www.hhd.group/en/coronavirus.
(5) What happens if it is not possible to leave your home country or enter the destination without passing through another country with restrictions?
If an official order (restrictions, quarantine) or a travel warning has been issued, the Holiday Home Division will allow a free cancellation. The affected countries and measures can be found at www.hhd.group/en/coronavirus.
(6) What happens if the means of transport (flight, ferry) to the accommodation has been cancelled?
If there are no official regulations, the booking of the holiday accommodation remains in place and the general travel conditions apply.
(7) If my booking is cancelled due to the Corona pandemic, when do I receive a refund of any payment made?
We process all refunds as soon as possible. Due to the current situation and the corresponding increased workload, there may be delays of up to 2-3 weeks. We therefore ask for your understanding and patience.
(8) Will the down payment and the final payment refunds be made at different times?
If the down payment and the balance payment have been paid using different methods, it is possible that the refunds are made at different times.
(9) Is it possible for the Holiday Home Division to issue vouchers instead of refunds for cancellations due to the Corona pandemic?
It is possible to issue a travel voucher. Please contact our Customer Service team for more information and please have your booking details to hand.
(10) Will the insurance cover any cancellation costs incurred during the Corona pandemic?
In the event of a pandemic, the insurance cover does not usually reimburse cancellation costs and the general insurance conditions continue to apply.
(11) Will the cancellation costs be reimbursed afterwards if an official decision or travel restriction has been issued at a later date?
A subsequent reimbursement of the cancellation costs is not possible if there was no official decision or travel warning at the time of cancellation. In this case, the general travel conditions of the Holiday Home Division apply.
(12) What rebooking options do customers have if they are looking to change their booking due to the Corona pandemic?
The Holiday Home Division has adjusted the rebooking options as follows during the Corona pandemic:
All reservations can be rebooked free of charge up to 43 days before the start of the trip. There are no restrictions on the travel period, the travel destination for the rebooking or new booking.
(13) What precautionary measures regarding the disinfection of the holiday homes and apartments are being taken by the Holiday Home Division in the wake of the Corona pandemic?
The Holiday Home Division is following the Robert Koch Institute’s recommendations on general hygiene precautions and is making them available to owners, keyholders and on-site service staff.